Sunday 6 May 2012

Agfa Click III: Test photos

I inherited my parents Agfa Click III. My parents are product of 1950s and 1960s and I was born in the mid 80s but all my childhood photos till the age of 3yrs lacked any colour. Till recently I resented my baby pictures not being colour. My parents are technology challenged and it seems this is not a recent thing. 

Those days 120 colour rolls were not found in my region and 35mm cameras were expensive. My father could afford one with his Govt. officer's salary but guess he never bothered. 
I must tell you that I come from one of the most remote places of the Earth. I am from Basar, Arunachal Pradesh but right now I am living in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. 

The photos below were taken with this light plastic camera. I saw the camera lying in my mother's almirah since ages and very recently thought of trying it. I got 120 rolls ordered from ebay Thailand (film_festival), 2 Kodak B &W and 2 Kodak Colour rolls and used 2 colours and 2 B&W roll but all the B&Ws were completely washed out and only the below colour photos could be saved. I am not sure whether it was the film roll's fault or the cameras' or the lab technicians'.... 

Anyway, I was super excited even with these few photos. This plastic camera is great for lomography. It is lo-fi but looking at photos, I am happy with the results. the photos where I stand is taken by Barkha the little girl with blue dress in the picture. Also the camera is great for double exposure photos because multiple photos can be taken without winding the camera. 








Most of the films got damaged so these were the only ones which came out. I like the medium format even though it has become almost obsolete.

17 comments:

  1. Good effort well film gives us different feeling then digital photo mid format camera negative and bigger in size and has lot of details.
    Film and craftsman ship are getting vanished day by day.
    I just got Agfa III from street shop in Mumbai. Beauty of this camera is simplicity and easy to use.
    I am getting b/w film in Mumbai as few of the dealers still keep films and devlep it.
    I am dyeing and excited to develop very first roll which will come out of it
    Thx
    Arun Gupta
    9820124887

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I jus found this cam in our old house. M little confused how to use it and wher we get film for this and what kind of film to be used. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ashwin.
      You'll need 120 (Medium format) film roll for it. Photovatika.com and Lomography.com stores such films.
      The films are a bit hard to find these days and getting expensive.
      The camera is relatively easy to use. These a small protruding lever next to the lens. That is the shutter release lever. The winding knob is on the top of the camera. When you insert film roll inside, while winding, you can see the no of each frame on the back of the camera through the circular window.
      If you have any further confusions, you may Google or ask any person working in the Photo Studio about it.
      Regards~

      Delete
    2. *There is a small protruding lever next to the lens.

      Delete
  3. Hi I jus found this cam in our old house. M little confused how to use it and wher we get film for this and what kind of film to be used. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazing! I too am planning to shoot a B&W roll next week with the Agfa Click III which my Dad had. That camera was witness to me and my brother growing up in Duliajan, Assam and there are some beautiful moments captured and treasured with that. I am so impressed that you being in Arunachal and yet making your passion for photography coming through so amazingly! How did you get them developed?
    I have already received a 120mm roll through ebay and looking forward to shoot! Meanwhile last month I tried out a 35mm film on a Minolta x-700 and the experience was amazing!

    I am yet to explore all of your blog with the amazing photographs and looking forward to go through it all soon. I just landed here 'googling' Agfa Click III!

    I am basically from Assam and currently in Kuwait working as a Petroleum Engineer. You can view my photography work at www.abyjit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sorry for the late reply as I don't get updates any more. Glad to know about your passion too... I've checked your website. Lovely photos!!! Looks neat and profession...

      Delete
  5. I just got some information about this camera from my uncle. He's 80 ish and told me about it. I'll be getting my hands on the camera next week. Pretty excited to see what i can do with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Can you guide me how to restore the agfa click 4 model and how can i create print even if i got 120 mm film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I have exactly the same camera inherited from my parents. :D Can you give me the link to buy the rolls for this camera. I would like to give a surprise to my parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sorry for the late reply as I don;t get update any more. You can find 120 film rolls here: https://www.amazon.in/Fomapan-400asa-Roll-Film-roll/dp/B0070U1D5O
      https://www.flipkart.com/ilford-fp4-plus-black-white-negative-film-120-roll-film/p/itmbb1f27845d80b
      https://www.imastudent.com/kodak-professional-portra-400-color-negative-film-120-roll-film-5-pack

      Delete
  8. I have the same camera got from my grandfather..please can you give me a link to buy a camera roll..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello sorry for the late reply as I don;t get update any more. You can find 120 film rolls here: https://www.amazon.in/Fomapan-400asa-Roll-Film-roll/dp/B0070U1D5O
      https://www.flipkart.com/ilford-fp4-plus-black-white-negative-film-120-roll-film/p/itmbb1f27845d80b
      https://www.imastudent.com/kodak-professional-portra-400-color-negative-film-120-roll-film-5-pack

      Delete
  9. Hello I have two agfa click 3 model camera .I want sell those camera .9571462618

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there! My name's Utkarsh and my father passed away last year and when I was looking through his old stuff I found this Agfa click 3 camera and I can't figure out how to use it can someone help and I also got a 35mm film roll with me so is it compatible with the camera or not?

    ReplyDelete