Wednesday 1 July 2015

Vega-73 2/20 Russian C- Mount lens review

Vega-73 2/20  is a C- mount lens.
I got the lens from ebay, Ukrainian seller for Rs. 2300 INR on July 2014. 
On the lens, Bera-73 2/20 is written, Bera means Vega in Russian. 
It came with a macro extension tube.

I never used the lens and shelved it because I found it a bit tacky but today I Thought of trying it out due to renewed interest.
The lens is is very small! 
The focus ring touches the adapter so rotating it becomes a bit hard and if some force if put, the whole lens loosens from the mount which is the downside of screw mount lenses, same for M42 lenses.

Review:
  • The center is sharper than I expected. I like the results. 
  • Vignetting is quite strong. Not bad for special effects.
  • It gives swirly bokeh.
  • The photo at f/2 can get very soft or faded when taken against the light.
  • I love the colour even though the camera was set at Vivid. The green looked a nice shade of green. I think it has a green tint lightly. 
  • Focusing was not that easy. It was hit or miss.

These photos have been resized in Photoshop and no other editing done.
All photos were taken in f/2, widest aperture. 
Some of the very close-up photos were taken with macro extension tube.

































4 comments:

  1. So beautiful and seems like a good buy.
    Take care and follow each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I've gone through your blog. Lovely photos from Pakistan. I'll surely follow you! Cheers~

      Delete
    2. My pleasure :) I would love to learn few things from you about film photography. And about manual SLR cameras. I have compact one.

      Delete
  2. Your blog is very interesting. Your choices in photography more so.
    I see what you mean about C mount lenses. While they are a quirky option, I doubt you can do much with them on a MFT sensor. But put them on a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and they become something else altogether. Great to see that you are also interested in shooting with film. Do you develop film yourself or are there studios still processing in Arunachal?

    Vivek

    ReplyDelete