Friday 15 September 2017

Industar-61 L/D 55mm f/2.8 lens review

Industar-61 L/D 55mm f/2.8 lens is an interesting lens. What I like the most about the lens firstly is it's small size. It looks very cute on my Olympus M/3. I am sucker for small sized lens since they are handy for me. Secondly, It's a sharp little Russian lens.

What I may not like is the inconsistent colour cast the lens gives at differing light condition. It's a handy little lens for everyday use for subjects you don't want to be very close to and be somewhat discreet.

Since it's a Russian lens, there are inconsistencies in the models as well. I've got few collections of Industar-61 for sale on my ebay account (lilac_may). I got them in lot from Ukraine. I personally serviced them for stiff focus and cleaned any remaining fungus and dust from the inner glass. I've seen that few of the lenses are sharper than others and few have more blueish cast than others.

On Olympus M4/3 it becomes 110mm telephoto lens.

Since I am in a remote place called Longding as mentioned in my earlier posts, my photographic events may look somewhat "has already been done and seen". Please excuse me for this. In coming days, I promise to share more variable sceneries.

Few samples from Industar-61 L/D 55mm f/2.8 lens (one wet day)
RCC building house amongst the thatched traditional houses. Economic differences can be seen in the house type and life style in Arunachal Pradesh. It was just noather foggy and wet day.

  
A child crying because his older sisters left him behind.

  
Wancho vegetable vendor

  
Wancho vegetable vendor. Rain or sun, they always come from distant villages to sell their products. The vegetables are cheap, sold in Rs.10 or Rs.20 categories here.

  
Two very young sisters selling their vegetables

  
A young boy mending the chicken shop

  
Mainland Indian labourers or labourers from Bangladesh are abundant here. The road condition is very poor in this region. 

  
A tree growing from the road of the craft-centre building. 



1 comment:

  1. Magical work! Been following your work and found them so captivating. Kind of transports you to realm of the simplistic daily life and visages of Arunachal. Your film work is inspiring. I still wonder how you get access to all that vintage gear and the film developing services!

    ReplyDelete