Wednesday 13 September 2017

Street photography with Industar-69 28mm f2.8 lens on Olympus OM-D E-M5 II

Industar-69 28mm f2.8 lens is the cutest lens I've ever seen or used! It's so thin, a pan cake lens! The copy I have is sharp enough for everyday used though I have read on various blogs that the lens lack sharpness. I've fixed the lens for infinity by a simple operation followed by browsing online (I have not linked it because I don't remember where but if you are interested, you'll easily find after some Googling).
I am postedin a remote place called Longding which is place towards the India- Burma border. Here, you'll find Wancho people who were earlier well known head hunters. The Wancho people are creative in wood craftsmanship and are known for their various colourful patterns and bead works.

This is again not a technical lens review. Just a walk around photography I've done one day when I went shopping for vegetables in the market.
The lens is prone to vignetting and has swirly bokeh which some likes, some avoids.
All the photos were resized from the standard 16 Megapixels to 3 mMegapixels and some contrast was added on Photoshop before sharing.
 This one is a test photo taken at f2.8. It shows the swirly bokeh and vignetting.
- - - - - - - 
The below photography was done when I went to the market to get vegetables. All the photos are taken at aperture f5.6. I used a DIY lens hood to add to the contrast made of coke bottle which I will share in my next post.
 Abandoned hospital vehicle. I live in the medical colony as work as Psychologist here.

 Next door granny returning form the market.

 Cute boy in the bakery with pierced earlobe as is the customs here among the Wancho people.

 An astrologer from the mainland India predicting a shopkeeper's fate.

 Wancho vegetable vendor. Women of Arunachal Pradesh are very hard working and enterprising. Most ladies run their household by selling vegetables. 

 A vendor showing a beetle nut to a customer

 A man getting his hair trimmed at the barbers'

 It started raining while going back to my quarter. A cute cat resting behind a thatched house.

No comments:

Post a Comment