Thursday 26 January 2012

Y3000- Mini HD DVR Camera: Unboxing

Mini HD Camera- Y3000! :=)
 

Got the camera  on 24.01.2012 via registered mail.
Got it from Dealextreme:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/the-smallest-mini-hd-720p-2-0m-pixel-digital-camera-camcorder-59538

Check the review of the camera by Techmoan (I am a fan of his reviews) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgtTg62GDfs

In DE the camera is now $2 lesser.

I got it for $39.90 and free shipping!
$39.90+5% Credit card fee = $ 41.895 = INR 2106.08 at current rate but the time I made the purchase i.e; 31st December 2011, I guess the Dollar was a tad higher.

Q. Is the camera worth it?

Ans. I can only tell in few days time because for me it depends a lot on the battery life. I bought the camera not for the picture or the video quality as I can't expect much. I liked the concept of a small HD camera and it actually is so cute that it made my heart melt....drool... :P

Y3000 is a Chinese copy of the Japanese original Chobi Cam One HD which is around $185! So Y3000 won hands down. :) 

After use, views:

Many cheap mobile phone cameras these days take far better photos than this *little wonder. The photo quality of Y3000 is not very good but the video quality is pretty decent.
The camera is a little wonder for me because unlike mobile phone cameras, it is handy and cute! The best part is I can take street photos without making people conscious (given that the ambience has good light).
I put 8GB Class 10 card but I feel that the transfer rate is slow. I don’t know whether it is a technical problem with the camera or some problem with the card.
The camera works fine during the day but with lesser light the photos are blur and shaky because it doesn’t have an inbuilt image stabilizer but for the price and size of the camera, I can understand. I don’t know but I feel that the photos taken during day are also a bit dark. The camera has exposure problem. It over exposes on the bright corners and under exposes the photos in the shadows.
Over all I LIKE it!
Rate: 7/10

Ebay India sells it for around Rs. 2999

==========================================





 



Check the video quality in youtube:


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. What is the battery life of this camera, continuously recording video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good review. Where I can buy the yellow and red cam of your photo.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog post . Its really valuable article i want some more quality stuff like this . You may find the best china dvr manufacturer : china mobile dvr manufacturer

    ReplyDelete