Wednesday 28 August 2013

Brenizer Method (First attempt.... almost there)

Hello everyone! Today I attempted my first trial of Brenizer Method. 

The Idea was originated by Photographer Ryan Brenizer: http://ryanbrenizer.com/category/brenizer-method/
I was very much inspired by Bui Photos as well, where it was explained in details how to go about it: http://blog.buiphotos.com/2009/07/the-brenizer-method-explained-with-directions/.

The method is well explained in the link (Bui Photos) that I provided above. So I won't explain the process here since it has been laid out in details in the links above but just in case you have any question for me, please feel free to ask.

I couldn't achieve a Shallow Depth of Field (DoF) because I was just too far away from my model. Since the Sun has already set, I'll try again next time. Since my sister was reluctant model, I took just one set of photos and realized my mistake only when I sat down to edit it.

My friend was suppose to model for me but she didn't turn up so I asked my older sister to pose for me. I must add that my sister has a 3 months old baby so please do not judge her figure critically. She is the most beautiful and wonderful person ever! 

Well, this is my first trial. 
Camera used:         Olympus E-PL2
Lens used:              Minolta MC Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 (which is equivalent to 116mm in M43 camera which is like a standard telephoto lens)
EXIF Data- 
ISO- 200
Exposure time- 1/4000
Aperture- f/1.2
In continuous Shooting/ Sequential mode
White Balance Set to - Sunny

 Stitched with total 23 photos together.

Cropped and removed the electrical wire from the background using "Spot healing brush" tool. My Sister when she was 8 Months pregnant she fell from the stairs and hurt her right leg and has those dark scars from it. I removed those scars from her legs as well using the "Spot healing brush" tool. Also since I was standing on the higher slope, I increased her height a bit to make it look natural.

 This is the cropped version

More cropped. The background is not much shallow. I will retry it again this weekend...

===========================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment