Friday 21 February 2014

Subjugation

Today I am sharing very dark theme of Photography... Subjugation.
It is a Concept Photography that just happened by chance... 
Actually I saw this entree for Photography Exhibition in Nandan Gallery, Santiniketan and I thought of the theme: Subjugation since it's been affecting me for sometime now and this concept is what first came to my mind.... I wanted to try a theme called "Bolpur memories" but I guess it will have to wait...
Even if the theme doesn't get selected, I am sharing these photos with you. It is dark, scary, haunting and disturbing...

About the Photos: 

“What you see on the surface is what we live inside.”

The Photos are a personal portray against oppression and discrimination in India. As a “Mongoloid woman” I have come across discrimination as a woman and against my race. The sentiments shown in the photos are an inner conflict that I feel. It cannot be seen on the surface but it is the result of constant battles that I have to fight against discrimination. We are subjugated against our will. The battered girl with bruises and blood that you see is a representation of what I/ we feel inside. It may not show outside but we are hurt by the ill treatment vested on us. 








Camera:     Canon 40D
Lens:          Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D
Edited in:    Adobe Photoshop CS6 (dodged and burned and sharpened)
Model:       Kompi Riba
Make up:    mea culpa

No comments:

Post a Comment