Sunday 1 March 2015

Basar; my village

My village, Basar, is a small rustic town. Actually the name of the town was taken after our ancestral surname Basar, which is the surname of our clan who are the majority of this place.
The people are of Adi-Galo tribe and the language spoken here is Galo. There are many migrant workers from the mainland India nowadays and also many other clans have made Basar it's place in the recent years.
My forefathers have been a powerful clan once upon a time. I come from a family of chiefs who were powerful and mighty in the olden days. Nowadays, the clan is just regarded in the namesake.
Basar, is a sleepy town. Because of changing times, the topography is changing and so is the attire, language, house models, profession, etc.
I've tried to capture some essence of the place...

 Trashing and Winnowing, the old way.




No comments:

Post a Comment