Sunday 27 July 2014

Itanagar Monsoon

I loved Monsoon. Warm blanket, hot tea/ coffee and a good read used to beckon me but not anymore. I dread monsoon now because it brings all sorts of maladies. My dogs get sick and there are other inconveniences such as traffic, landslides, road blockage, water clogging, crawly insects in the bathroom (I can't kill them and my time is spent throwing them out), etc .
With the shower, things become calmer because suddenly everyone stops running. While I can take a break from my mundane life and smell the fresh air, the thundering and storm keeps me on my toes, esp. at night. My biggest concern are my furry babies. They loose their appetite and various illness befalls them during the monsoon. Very recently Bhola had diarrhea (I was so scared that it is Parvo Virus) but she is alright now after medication, Thank God!
As I am getting older, I am becoming more like my mother. During my childhood, when it stormed and thundered, my mother used to wake us up even in the middle of the night and change us into day wear and warmer clothes just in case we had to run outside. She used to stay guard till the morning....

I am not married and have no children, so I worry for my dogs who are my babies.
Monochrome conveys the dreaded feeling I have during the Monsoon.
My photos may looks repetitive and confined to certain landscape because I am house bound due to personal reasons for sometime now and click around the house (which is my habit and hobby anyways).

Towards the end, the photos are more cheerful...

Camera used: Olympus E-Pl2
Lens used for the landscape and the photos of the chairs: Nikon 105mm f/2.5
Lens used on the Child (Hukpi) : Nikon 50mm f/1.2
















4 comments:

  1. Excellent series , the child photos are great other than that really liked no.1 and no.6 , Specially no 6 looks like uncharted wilderness !!! Great lenses both of them . Must have been costly purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey can you let me know how mush did the 50/1.2 cost you ??? shoot me an email on raay04@gmail.com if you are apprehensive to post here .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback! The Nikon 50mm f1.2 costs me Rs.20,000. I got it recently from ebay, used. I already have a Minolta 58mm f1.2 and I really wanted the Nikon one even though it was on the expensive side for me. Cosmetically and mechanically the condition is good as new. Wide f/1.2 is soft and glowy but f/2 is quite sharp so I am happy and also I find Nikon lenses quite adaptable and well suited for me.

      Delete
  3. Outstanding images! The one with the trees and hills peeking out of the clouds is surreally beautiful! I presume the Nikon 50mm F1.2 that you used is a manual lens?

    ReplyDelete