Tuesday 21 January 2014

Bolpur Memories with Nikon FM2n...

The moment I got down from the train, I felt an instant connection with this place; Bolpur.
Is it my imagination or expectations from this place? Or am I just trying to find a similar ground to feel comfortable...?
I need to explore the place more...

I met a distant cousin of mine- Kompi, who took me to the local weekly, Saturdays only market somewhere in the outskirts of the town. The market is called as "Shaniwar Hut" or Saturday Market literally. 

It was before Poush Mela. I saw all these lovely handicrafts sold by local and visiting craftsmen from nearby villages.
Boul Singers were also singing and some people were dancing with them...

Tha's Kompi, my cousin...







Soulful Boul Singers...




==========================================================
Below photos are from Poush Mela (23rd- 26th December 2013).
Click here to see the photos I shared earlier of Poush Mela: http://kenri-photos.blogspot.in/2014/01/poush-mela-december-2013.html














 =====================================================
Anyi and me, we didn't sleep and went early morning to buy groceries in the Bolpur market which is like walking distance of 5 kms... Lovely morning~





 ...and the kid goat called...Ma~












 =========================================================
Afterwards, we went to Anyi's house to look at the construction. I took few photos around.


 Anyi took this of mine






1 comment: